Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

My latest Conundrum

My latest project-an attempt at "firewire meets Greg Griffin".  Flat bottom, tucked edges nose to tail, perimiter stringers, and resin x.  So far I'm 2 months into it-I keep hesitating on cutting the lower railband, but I think I'm almost ready.  It's so easy for me to get held up on these projects for fear of making a dud.
 the outline...
 ...many clamps, gorilla glue and epoxy later. It took me almost a month to get this to work, what can I say, I'm slow.  I had to switch from gorilla glue to cabosil and epoxy because the stringer bands weren't staying in place. I eventually made a clamping tool to hold the clamps in place on the rail and put them on two layers at a time-seemed to go smoother if I did more than one. Next time I'm going to keep the foam cutoffs and use those for the clamps. 
 ...the plug is born, rocker and outline done,  just railbands to go and it's almost there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment